To run a test or exam in Moodle, you need to combine two different tools: The Safe Exam Browser and Moodle Quiz.
Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is a web browser window without navigation elements. It locks the computer into a kiosk mode, which prevents from switching to other applications or quitting SEB untimely. SEB enables secure exams on unmanaged computers like students’ own laptops as well as in managed environments. Demo Video
The Quiz activity module allows the teacher to design and build quizzes consisting of a large variety of Question types, including multiple choice, true-false, and short answer questions. These questions are kept in the Question bank and can be re-used in different quizzes.
- Book a room with 10% more computers than you need. All available rooms… the maximal number of computers available at Campus Belval is 60.
- Get in touch with your LuxLearn-Team to discuss about the details.
- Prepare a practice quiz! See Tutorials.
- Familiarise your students with the Moodle assessment tools at least 3 weeks before they sit the exam, e.g. ask them to complete a trial quiz or upload a test assignment.
- Check the exam thoroughly and ask someone from your discipline to run through it and provide feedback.
- Check your Quiz settings! Ask LuxLearn-Team if you would like your settings checked in advance.
- Print out paper versions of the exams – just in case…